How to Pack Silverware
The most important thing to remember when packing up silverware is to not let your items get damaged or misplaced while in transit. Your silverware gets used every day and is an essential part of your kitchen. Make sure it’s properly packed so it arrives ready to use at your new home.
Most people utilize a cutlery tray to store their silverware, which is convenient for moving as it’s simple to pack.
- Cushion the box with paper. Use crushed packing paper to provide extra protection.
- Wrap tray. You can wrap your tray completely with plastic wrap or packing paper.
- Place tray flat inside the box (like in a drawer). This will help ensure that the silverware stays in place during the move.
- Add other kitchen items. Kitchen linens, wrapped measuring cups or utensils will fit great into a small box.
- Fill any gaps. Used crushed packing paper to pad the box so nothing moves inside.
- Tape the box closed. Secure well and then label the outside “Silverware.”
If your silverware is lying in a drawer with no tray, we recommend bundling similar pieces together and wrapping in packing paper. Then, place the bundles flat inside the box as you would with the tray, or pack the bundles with other kitchen utensils.
If you’re moving with sterling silver pieces, a family heirloom set or any other valuable silverware pieces, polish them to help protect them while in storage or moving boxes. Make sure each piece is completely dry and then place them in a fully-enclosed protective box or case. Before closing the box or case, cover them with cloth, tissue paper or packing paper, as exposure to air can cause them to tarnish. You can then pack the case by covering with packing paper and placing in a box.
Don’t forget about your cooking utensils! Wrap your utensils and other cooking tools individually with a single layer of packing paper. After you’ve wrapped everything, put all the pieces in a box. If you’ve got unused space, fill it up with bubble wrap or packing paper.
- Great job guys!! You exceeded our expectations!
- They work HARD and take pride in providing the best experience for their customers.
- Thanks House to Home, Jack, Sergio, and Jeremiah for such a great job!
- I am so happy with your movers
- Thanks for a job well done
- We would recommend them to anyone!
- I had the best experience ever
- Assisted living facility
- Sacramento to Palm Desert
- Great to work with!
- The House to Home moving team was fantastic!
- Third time we used this company
- Thanks guys !!
- Very nice guys and hard workers
- Moving Options #4 Renting a Moving Container
- Made moving day a pleasant experience with their kindness, positive attitudes!
- Great move by Diego, Mesake and David
- These were the nicest, most positive guys you could ever want to meet
- We moved from Folsom to Napa
- I would definitely recommend them!
- One of the best decisions I’ve made is hiring House to Home movers!!
- This was the best moving/movers experience we ever had
- House to Home highly recommend this moving company
- This has been the best move for us
- Our move came in under the estimate
Search All Posts
- July 2022 (10)
- June 2022 (6)
- May 2022 (5)
- April 2022 (6)
- March 2022 (5)
- February 2022 (2)
- January 2022 (3)
- December 2021 (1)
- November 2021 (3)
- October 2021 (4)
- September 2021 (1)
- August 2021 (1)
- July 2021 (3)
- June 2021 (6)
- May 2021 (3)
- April 2021 (6)
- March 2021 (4)
- February 2021 (1)
- January 2021 (1)
- December 2020 (4)
- November 2020 (1)
- October 2020 (1)
- September 2020 (3)
- August 2020 (5)
- July 2020 (8)
- June 2020 (4)
- May 2020 (9)
- April 2020 (6)
- March 2020 (8)
- February 2020 (4)
- January 2020 (12)
- December 2019 (7)
- November 2019 (7)
- October 2019 (13)
- September 2019 (11)
- August 2019 (12)
- July 2019 (21)
- June 2019 (13)