House To Home Moving Blog
This winter, make fireplace safety your number one concern. When temperatures dip we turn to our fireplaces to create heat as well as a cozy atmosphere for our home. But an increase in fireplace usage means that every homeowner should be aware of the hazards of unplanned fires and understand how to create a safe fire.
Sadly, 14,000 house fires each year start from fireplaces. Nearly 6,000 injuries occur from these fires and a whopping 65% of these injuries are inflicted upon children under the age of 5. Accidental fires also cause $893,000,000 worth of property damage each year. Following these safety tips can not only save lives, it can help save your home from damage.
Before you start using your fireplace, make sure that you’ve had it professionally maintained. If you have a wood burning fireplace you’ll want to hire a chimney sweep to inspect the inside of the fireplace as well as the outside. Gas fireplaces can be maintained as well – check with your manufacturer about licensed professionals. Remember that fireplace professionals are very busy in the cooler months, so it’s a great idea to call for an appointment a month or two before you want to use your fireplace. Not only will you have time to get the right appointment at the right time, you’ll allow for additional time if repairs are required.
- 5 Star Review from a Repeat Customer
- Thanks Mr. Wolff for the kind words
- Moving terms (Long Carry, Net Weight)
- 2020 Food Drive
- Atria Covell Gardens in Davis
- Recent 5 Star Reviews from Google
- Moving terms (Extra Stop, Flight Charge)
- Recent 5 Star Reviews from Facebook
- Thank you Liz for the 5 star review!
- Beware of Moving Brokers
- Maximizing Space for a Storage Unit
- Thanks For The Review Barbara!
- 12 things your homeowners insurance may not cover
- Organizing a Storage Unit
- What does homeowners insurance cover?
- More great reviews from our recent moves!
- Thank You For The Review Diane!
- Plan for Your Successful Garage Sale
- Five Stars From Jon
- Post Move Home Essentials
- What to Pack First When Moving
- How to move a Refrigerator
- Prepping a Storage Unit
- Thanks Kris for the Five Star Review
- Packing for a Storage Unit