Maximizing Space for a Storage Unit
So now you know how to pack and organize your storage unit. But what if you have too much stuff, and you don’t want to up the size of your storage unit? Here’s how to maximize your storage unit’s space!
Maximize your storage unit’s space by starting at the bottom
The best way to maximize space in your storage unit is to start at the bottom and stack up. Put your heaviest boxes on the bottom layer. Then work your way up to the top, putting your lightest items there. Just remember to leave an aisle to walk through your storage unit and to keep necessary items accessible.
Maximize your storage unit’s space by installing shelving
Did you know you can install shelving in your storage unit? You can purchase hanging shelves and temporarily drill them into the wall, or get large plastic or metal shelves that stand on the ground. This can help organize large or oddly shaped items that won’t fit in boxes.
Maximize your storage unit’s space by using furniture
When you pack furniture for a storage unit, take it apart as much as possible. For items like dresser drawers that can’t be broken down, pack smaller boxes and fragile items in the drawers and underneath. Get creative!
- Oakmont of Roseville Move
- Five Stars from Tom!
- Sierra Regency Move in Roseville, CA.
- Thanks for the 5 stars Mark!
- Moving terms (Inventory, Linehaul)
- How to Pack a TV
- How to Pack a Lamp
- Latest move in Placerville
- 20 Simple Packing Tips
- 5 Star Review from a Repeat Customer
- Thanks Mr. Wolff for the kind words
- Moving terms (Long Carry, Net Weight)
- 2020 Food Drive
- Atria Covell Gardens in Davis
- Recent 5 Star Reviews from Google
- Moving terms (Extra Stop, Flight Charge)
- Recent 5 Star Reviews from Facebook
- Thank you Liz for the 5 star review!
- Beware of Moving Brokers
- Maximizing Space for a Storage Unit
- Thanks For The Review Barbara!
- 12 things your homeowners insurance may not cover
- Organizing a Storage Unit
- What does homeowners insurance cover?
- More great reviews from our recent moves!
Search All Posts
- April 2021 (6)
- March 2021 (3)
- February 2021 (1)
- January 2021 (1)
- December 2020 (4)
- November 2020 (1)
- October 2020 (1)
- September 2020 (3)
- August 2020 (5)
- July 2020 (8)
- June 2020 (4)
- May 2020 (9)
- April 2020 (6)
- March 2020 (8)
- February 2020 (4)
- January 2020 (12)
- December 2019 (7)
- November 2019 (7)
- October 2019 (14)
- September 2019 (11)
- August 2019 (12)
- July 2019 (21)
- June 2019 (13)