Moving terms (Long Carry, Net Weight)
All industries have their specific terms. Here are a couple that you might hear from your local moving company.
Long Carry (Distance Carry)
A charge assessed when a shipment must be moved more than 75 feet from the rear of the moving van to the entrance of the residence.
A move that takes place over 450 miles. Long hauls are (generally) performed with tractor-trailers.
Gross weight minus the tare weight. You are entitled to a copy of the scale ticket to verify your shipment’s actual net weight.
Certification issued by a state or federal governmental entity authorizing a carrier to move household goods between designated geographical areas. A van line’s agent may also have its own separate “operating authority” issued by a state or federal governmental entity, to move shipments within a certain geographical area.
- Thanks Mr. Wolff for the kind words
- Moving terms (Long Carry, Net Weight)
- 2020 Food Drive
- Atria Covell Gardens in Davis
- Recent 5 Star Reviews from Google
- Moving terms (Extra Stop, Flight Charge)
- Recent 5 Star Reviews from Facebook
- Thank you Liz for the 5 star review!
- Beware of Moving Brokers
- Maximizing Space for a Storage Unit
- Thanks For The Review Barbara!
- 12 things your homeowners insurance may not cover
- Organizing a Storage Unit
- What does homeowners insurance cover?
- More great reviews from our recent moves!
- Thank You For The Review Diane!
- Plan for Your Successful Garage Sale
- Five Stars From Jon
- Post Move Home Essentials
- What to Pack First When Moving
- How to move a Refrigerator
- Prepping a Storage Unit
- Thanks Kris for the Five Star Review
- Packing for a Storage Unit
- Moving Boxes
Search All Posts
- January 2021 (1)
- December 2020 (4)
- November 2020 (1)
- October 2020 (1)
- September 2020 (3)
- August 2020 (5)
- July 2020 (8)
- June 2020 (4)
- May 2020 (9)
- April 2020 (6)
- March 2020 (8)
- February 2020 (4)
- January 2020 (12)
- December 2019 (7)
- November 2019 (7)
- October 2019 (14)
- September 2019 (11)
- August 2019 (12)
- July 2019 (21)
- June 2019 (13)