Moving terms (Extra Stop, Flight Charge)
All industries have their specific terms. Here are a couple that you might hear from your local moving company.
A program which, for an additional charge, allows a specific delivery date to be requested. If the date is not met, only standard charges apply.
Extra Stop (Extra Pickup or Delivery)
If a van operator is required to make an extra stop at either origin or destination (other than the main pickup or delivery points) an extra charge is assessed – the charge is determined by the tariff.
Flight Charge (Stair Carry)
An extra charge to compensate the carrier for the additional labor and time required to move a shipment up or down flights of stairs which lead to or from an origin or destination residence.
- 5 Star Review from a Repeat Customer
- Thanks Mr. Wolff for the kind words
- Moving terms (Long Carry, Net Weight)
- 2020 Food Drive
- Atria Covell Gardens in Davis
- Recent 5 Star Reviews from Google
- Moving terms (Extra Stop, Flight Charge)
- Recent 5 Star Reviews from Facebook
- Thank you Liz for the 5 star review!
- Beware of Moving Brokers
- Maximizing Space for a Storage Unit
- Thanks For The Review Barbara!
- 12 things your homeowners insurance may not cover
- Organizing a Storage Unit
- What does homeowners insurance cover?
- More great reviews from our recent moves!
- Thank You For The Review Diane!
- Plan for Your Successful Garage Sale
- Five Stars From Jon
- Post Move Home Essentials
- What to Pack First When Moving
- How to move a Refrigerator
- Prepping a Storage Unit
- Thanks Kris for the Five Star Review
- Packing for a Storage Unit
Search All Posts
- February 2021 (1)
- January 2021 (1)
- December 2020 (4)
- November 2020 (1)
- October 2020 (1)
- September 2020 (3)
- August 2020 (5)
- July 2020 (8)
- June 2020 (4)
- May 2020 (9)
- April 2020 (6)
- March 2020 (8)
- February 2020 (4)
- January 2020 (12)
- December 2019 (7)
- November 2019 (7)
- October 2019 (14)
- September 2019 (11)
- August 2019 (12)
- July 2019 (21)
- June 2019 (13)