House To Home Moving Blog
If a State officer or regulator (“official”), at any time, orders that you stop the moving service, you shall agree to do so immediately, and also to comply with any other directive provided by the official. Officials are working to keep us safe and preserve the health of California citizens.
House to Home Moving Inc. qualifies as an “essential service” based on Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-33-20 (March 19, 2020), and Health Officer Orders from individual Counties. Applies to moving transportation and install services related to (1) used household goods, (2) office and industrial, and (3) new furniture, fixtures, and electronics, as the case may be. For authority, respectfully provide the following examples:
- Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-33-20 adopted what the federal government has identified as “16 critical infrastructure sectors whose assets, systems . . . are considered so vital to the United States that their incapacitation or destruction would have a debilitating effect on security, economic security, public health or safety or any combination thereof.” Important here is that one of the 16 critical infrastructure sectors is the Transportation Sector that includes “Highway and Motor Carrier” operations involving trucks and commercial vehicles.
- The County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health Order of the Health Officer (March 19, 2020), provides that “Essential Businesses” that may continue to operate include:
- “. . . Moving services . . . who provide services to maintain . . . the essential operation to properties and other Essential Businesses.” (See paragraph 13(h)).
- “Businesses that ship, truck, provide logistical support or deliver . . . goods or services directly to residences” (See paragraph 13(o)).
- “. . . private transportation providers providing transportation services necessary for activities of daily living and other purposes expressly authorized by this Order.” (See paragraph 13(p)).
- City and County of San Francisco Department of Public Health Order of the Health Officer (March 16, 2020), provides that “Essential Business” means:
- “Businesses providing mailing and shipping services . . .” (See paragraph f.x.).
- “Businesses that ship or deliver groceries, food, goods or services directly to residences.” (See paragraph f.xvi.).
- “Airlines, taxis, and other private transportation providers providing transportation services necessary for Essential Activities and other purposes authorized in this Order.” (See paragraph f.xvii.).
For household movers no one can “shelter in place” without a residence to do so. Remember, your objective is to be safe, keep working as permitted, and respect State Orders and State officials enforcing them.
- COVID-19 Policy and Procedures
- Moving Services are “Essential”
- Coronavirus Safety
- 9 Tips to Avoid Illegal Scam Movers
- Regulator Shines Spotlight on Damage Restoration Companies
- This March Only
- Moving terms (shipper, PBO)
- Tips to Keep Your Winter Home Warm
- Oakmont of East Sacramento Event
- Happy Valentine’s Week – A Guide to Moving in Together
- Signs to Know When to Replace Your Roof
- Business of the Year
- We’re Hiring!
- Moving specific glossary terms
- Packing Tips 101 – The Don’ts
- Packing Tips 101 – Pictures
- Packing Tips 101 – Clothing
- Packing Tips 101 – Dishes
- Packing Tips 101 – General
- Are Home Warranties Worth It?
- Money Saving Home Tips
- Home Cleaning for the New Year
- Home Safety Assessment
- Fire Safety Tips
- Moving specific glossary terms