House To Home Moving Blog
Tips to Keep Your Winter Home Warm
1. Turn on that ceiling fan.
When it’s incredibly cold outside, the ceiling fan is probably the last thing you want to turn on. Surprisingly, though, it can warm things up if you use it correctly.
Take a look at your ceiling fan. It should have a small switch on its base. This lets you change how the fan blades rotate.
For the winter months, turn that little switch so the blades rotate in a clockwise direction. By doing so, you let the blades suck up warm air from the floor towards the ceiling. This helps any warm air spread throughout the room.
Once it heats up outside, remember to turn the switch back, so the blades flow in a counterclockwise direction.
2. Cover your floor.
Have you ever stepped on a bare floor in the winter? It can be quite a cold shock, which is why using rugs is a great way to warm up.
3. Wear extra layers of clothes.
This is perhaps the easiest way to stay warm in your home if you don’t want to incur any extra heating costs.
If you live in a cold climate, you probably have sweaters, long-sleeved shirts, and the like in your closet. When things get incredibly chilly, layer up.
While this tip may seem odd as you imagine yourself sitting in bed with multiple layers on, it makes perfect sense if you live with others.
Everyone has their comfort zone when it comes to cold temperatures, so each person can layer up how they please. If it gets too hot, take off a layer. If it gets frigid, put more layers on.
At the end of the day, your utility costs won’t go up a cent using this method.
4. Get help from of a humidifier.
Like turning on a ceiling fan, this tip may seem odd when it’s cold. Adding humidity to your home, however, can make it feel warmer.
A humidifier adds moisture to the air. The moisture helps you replicate humid days that seem a lot hotter than dry ones.
If you don’t have a humidifier, fill up a large pot with water. Boil it on your stove, then turn it off. As the water vapor moisturizes the air inside your home, you should feel more comfortable.
Last, but not least, you can place a bowl of water near your radiator or one of the vents. As the warm air blows over the water, evaporation will occur, adding moisture to the air..
- Great service with a personal touch by the owners.
- House to Home is the number one moving company hands-down!
- Fantastic. On time. Efficient. Nice. Clean.
- How to watch the Kings playoffs
- House to Home Moving is phenomenal!
- Anyone who wants the job done right the first time
- LET’S CELEBRATE! LIGHT THE BEAM!
- We’ve used House to Home Moving Services Twice
- Aging in place for seniors
- By far, been the best experience
- Customer satisfaction is our top priority
- Preparing for an out-of-state move
- Top 10 Assisted Living Research Questions
- 10 tips on choosing a moving company
- Our Movers and What to Expect on Move Day
- Saved by House to Home Moving company!
- They even gave me a senior discount
- They will ease your stress during a difficult time
- Things To Do After Moving
- Jose walked me through a virtual estimate
- We would definitely use House to Home again!
- Documents To Collect Before Your Move
- Thank you all!
- They were excellent
- June 2023 (1)
- May 2023 (2)
- April 2023 (5)
- March 2023 (1)
- February 2023 (2)
- January 2023 (3)
- December 2022 (1)
- November 2022 (2)
- October 2022 (3)
- September 2022 (5)
- August 2022 (4)
- July 2022 (10)
- June 2022 (6)
- May 2022 (5)
- April 2022 (6)
- March 2022 (5)
- February 2022 (2)
- January 2022 (3)
- December 2021 (1)
- November 2021 (3)
- October 2021 (4)
- September 2021 (1)
- August 2021 (1)
- July 2021 (3)
- June 2021 (6)
- May 2021 (3)
- April 2021 (6)
- March 2021 (4)
- February 2021 (1)
- January 2021 (1)
- December 2020 (4)
- November 2020 (1)
- October 2020 (1)
- September 2020 (3)
- August 2020 (5)
- July 2020 (8)
- June 2020 (4)
- May 2020 (9)
- April 2020 (6)
- March 2020 (8)
- February 2020 (4)
- January 2020 (12)
- December 2019 (7)
- November 2019 (7)
- October 2019 (13)
- September 2019 (11)
- August 2019 (12)
- July 2019 (21)
- June 2019 (13)
- Company Info (122)
- Did You Know (30)
- Events (10)
- Helpful Tips (25)
- Moving Tips (63)
- On Location (2)
- Organizing & DIY (12)