Moving During COVID-19
What are our COVID-19 policies and procedures?
We understand and share the concerns you have about the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak. This message is to inform you that House to Home Moving Inc. classifies as an “essential service” and our company is still open and providing moving services.
The health and safety of our customers and employees are our number one priority. We have put the proper procedures in place to comply with government directives.
All employees are following strict guidelines for proper infection control precautions. Such as wearing masks and gloves while working, washing hands as frequent as possible, wearing shoe covers (booties) before entering customer’s homes, and keeping physical contact to a minimum.
All employees are also screened daily to ensure they have not been infected. The screening process includes monitoring employee temperatures, asking how they feel, and monitoring any coughing or sneezing. If any employee has any signs of illness they are sent home immediately and not to return to work, until they have been cleared to return by a healthcare provider.
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding House to Home Moving’s COVID-19 policy and procedures you can contact our main office at 916-484-1144.
Can I move during COVID-19?
You can probably move during COVID-19, but we recommend you check with your moving company and local elected officials to see if your move has been affected by orders restricting travel and gatherings.
Will gloves help if I move during COVID-19?
If you have to move during COVID-19, gloves will help protect your hands from injury, but they aren’t recommended for preventing the virus. Rather than help prevent the spread of COVID-19, gloves can actually create another surface for the virus to live on.
“I don’t think (gloves) are going to do anything but give people a false sense of security, waste time, and create more demand for something that’s unnecessary,” Dr. Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins University Center for Health Security, told TODAY.
What is the best way to disinfect my personal belongings?
The CDC recommends cleaning frequently used items and surfaces as often as possible with “household cleaners and EPA-registered disinfectants that are appropriate for the surface, following label instructions.”
You can also check out a list of disinfectants the CDC indicates are most likely to be effective against COVID-19, including Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, Lysol® Disinfectant Spray, and Virasept.
How can I minimize contact if I have to get a moving estimate?
If you have to move, consider getting a virtual in-home estimate rather than have movers come to your home. Many moving companies can give you an estimate simply by looking at a video of your home, or by doing a virtual walkthrough on apps like FaceTime and Skype.
How else could COVID-19 affect my move?
The full consequences of COVID-19 aren’t known, but there are several ways the pandemic could potentially affect your move:
- Temporary government orders in the cities you are moving to and from could prevent you from moving.
- Temporary government orders could prevent you from eating at restaurants en route to your new home.
- Potential grocery store shortages could prevent you from stocking up the fridge at your new home.
- Widespread transmission of COVID-19 and moving company policies could limit the number of workers available to help with your move.
- Social distancing guidelines could prevent family, friends, and hired labor from gathering in groups of 10 or more and standing within six feet of each other while loading and unloading your moving truck.
- Money received via a federal government economic stimulus plan could be saved for moving expenses when life gets back to normal.
- How to Pack Clothes for Moving
- Furniture Donation
- Appreciate This Fantastic Yelp Review
- Support Local Businesses
- Facebook Review Recommendation
- How to Pack Your Kitchen for Moving
- Five Star Review Today From Yelp
- Best Time to Buy a House?
- Moving a Pool Table Yourself
- Oakmont of Fair Oaks Visit
- Thanks for the review Hope!
- Hiring a Moving Company
- Moving During COVID-19
- Another 5 Star Review
- Moving terms (Carrier, Claim)
- Customer Appreciation
- COVID-19 Policy and Procedures
- Moving Services are “Essential”
- Coronavirus Safety
- 9 Tips to Avoid Illegal Scam Movers
- Regulator Shines Spotlight on Damage Restoration Companies
- This March Only
- Moving terms (shipper, PBO)
- Tips to Keep Your Winter Home Warm
- Oakmont of East Sacramento Event