House To Home Moving Blog
All industries have their specific terms. Here are a couple that you might hear from your local moving company.
The agent who accepts the order for your move. The booking agent may or may not be your origin or destination agent.
Items such as pianos, cars, boats, snowmobiles and campers usually carry a bulky article charge to compensate the carrier for the difficulty of loading and unloading such articles, and their unusual bulk or low weight density. In some cases, an additional “weight additive” is applicable.
Shipments where customer pays moving charges at the time of delivery. For C.O.D. shipments, payment is required in cash, or by traveler’s check, money order, cashier’s check or credit card (pending a prior credit card approval process). Personal checks are not accepted for payment of C.O.D. charges.
- Oakmont of Roseville Move
- Five Stars from Tom!
- Sierra Regency Move in Roseville, CA.
- Thanks for the 5 stars Mark!
- Moving terms (Inventory, Linehaul)
- How to Pack a TV
- How to Pack a Lamp
- Latest move in Placerville
- 20 Simple Packing Tips
- 5 Star Review from a Repeat Customer
- Thanks Mr. Wolff for the kind words
- Moving terms (Long Carry, Net Weight)
- 2020 Food Drive
- Atria Covell Gardens in Davis
- Recent 5 Star Reviews from Google
- Moving terms (Extra Stop, Flight Charge)
- Recent 5 Star Reviews from Facebook
- Thank you Liz for the 5 star review!
- Beware of Moving Brokers
- Maximizing Space for a Storage Unit
- Thanks For The Review Barbara!
- 12 things your homeowners insurance may not cover
- Organizing a Storage Unit
- What does homeowners insurance cover?
- More great reviews from our recent moves!