House To Home Moving Blog
All industries have their specific terms. Here are a couple that you might hear from your local moving company.
The agent who accepts the order for your move. The booking agent may or may not be your origin or destination agent.
Items such as pianos, cars, boats, snowmobiles and campers usually carry a bulky article charge to compensate the carrier for the difficulty of loading and unloading such articles, and their unusual bulk or low weight density. In some cases, an additional “weight additive” is applicable.
Shipments where customer pays moving charges at the time of delivery. For C.O.D. shipments, payment is required in cash, or by traveler’s check, money order, cashier’s check or credit card (pending a prior credit card approval process). Personal checks are not accepted for payment of C.O.D. charges.
- Prepping a Storage Unit
- Thanks Kris for the Five Star Review
- Packing for a Storage Unit
- Moving Boxes
- How To Move Plants
- Moving a Mattress Yourself
- How to Pack Clothes for Moving
- Furniture Donation
- Appreciate This Fantastic Yelp Review
- Support Local Businesses
- Facebook Review Recommendation
- How to Pack Your Kitchen for Moving
- Five Star Review Today From Yelp
- Best Time to Buy a House?
- Moving a Pool Table Yourself
- Oakmont of Fair Oaks Visit
- Thanks for the review Hope!
- Hiring a Moving Company
- Moving During COVID-19
- Another 5 Star Review
- Moving terms (Carrier, Claim)
- Customer Appreciation
- COVID-19 Policy and Procedures
- Moving Services are “Essential”
- Coronavirus Safety